#WhyISend Story Official Rules
THIS IS A TRADE PROMOTION RAFFLE. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for any taxes, customs, duties and like amounts connected with the prizes.
1. How to Enter. To participate in the #WhyISend Story Sweepstakes ("Promotion") for a chance to win a prize, eligible persons may receive an entry by:
o Posting on Facebook, and/or Twitter, and/or Instagram (“Social Media”) AND sharing their story as to why they send money with Remitly and/or a photo demonstrating why they send money with Remitly using #WhyISend OR
o Going to https://whyisendmoneyabroad.remitly.com, (“Promotion Site”) and completing the form (both methods hereon referred to as, the "Registration").
Eligible persons who complete the Registration ("Participants") may submit one entry per day at the Promotion Site and on Social Media from 9:00 AM EST on February 24, 2017 until 11:59 PM EST on February 16, 2017 (the "Entry Period"). Sponsor may reject any entry it believes is the result of fraud or was submitted in violation of the official rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, mutilated, illegible, or incomplete entries.
2. Eligibility. Eligibility to participate in the Promotion or to win prizes is limited to individual persons at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period, who are legal residents of the United States. Any effort by an entrant to misrepresent himself or herself through the use of aliases or creating duplicate accounts on Social Media will disqualify that entrant. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, including the Administrator, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Promotion, and persons who were awarded a prize or received other promotional consideration from the Sponsor within six (6) months prior to the beginning of the Entry Period are also not eligible. The Sponsor's determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
3. Prizes. The odds of being selected are dependent on the number of entries received. At the end of each day during the Promotion Period, the Sponsor will randomly select one (1) winner from the entries received that day. There will be a total of ten (10) winners. The randomly drawn winners will each receive one (1) gift card to either Amazon, Walmart, or Target valued at $50 ("Prize"). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available.
4. Conditions of Participation. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final. Each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and to accept delivery of any prize won based upon availability. In addition, each Participant represents and warrants that all information contained in his/her Registration entry is true and accurate and does not infringe upon any third party’s IP rights or right of publicity. The Sponsor and the Administrator are not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials available at the Promotion Site. Unless a Participant otherwise opts out, Sponsor and its designees may use the Participant’s e-mail address to contact the Participant regarding Sponsor's services and other offers and/or promotions. All Registration entries become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor and Administrator shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected Registration entries or any errors, delays or failures with entries. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Promotion becomes compromised, or the Sponsor's or Administrator's administration or fulfillment of the Promotion becomes impracticable, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Promotion, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Registration or the administration of the Promotion.
5. Transfer of Rights. By completing a Registration, Participant hereby irrevocably grants the Sponsor the non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the entry or excerpts of the entry and submitted content (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites and social media platforms, the Sponsor’s website, and/or other Sponsor-selected media) without payment of consideration. For advertising and marketing purposes, Sponsor agrees to only publish a Participants first name and last initial when using an entry to ensure the privacy of the Participant.
6. Winner Notification. The winners of the Prize will be notified by e-mail or Social Media. The Sponsor will use the contact information provided by the Participants in their Registration. Sponsor may require the prize winners to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, "Affidavit"). If any of the prize winners do not respond to the notification within 7 days, is found to be ineligible, or fails to execute the Affidavit or other documentation required by Sponsor, the Sponsor may consider such prize winner to have forfeited the Prize, and another prize winner may be selected as time allows. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to Prizes. The Prizes are not transferable and the winners have no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability.
7. Announcement of Winners. The names of the Prize winners will be posted on one of the Sponsor’s Social Media accounts.
8. Sponsor and Administrator. The Sponsor and Administrator of this Promotion is Remitly, Inc. located at 1601 2nd Ave, Suite 800, Seattle, WA 98101.
9. Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. Each Participant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Promotion or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize or any other substitute prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Promotion shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in King County, Washington, and each Participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each Participant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Washington. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. REGISTERED CONTESTANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.